So this is maybe my 10th or so iteration of my cold brew recipe. Right now I am brewing using Yama Cold Brew Drip towers, with Chemex Natural Bonded Square filters using my
DittingKR1203 grinder. Right now I am using 4.5 as my grind, previously I was a little coarser at 5, but was not consistently happy with how the cold brew turned out. Using 300g miscellaneous coffee, often espresso, lightly condensed as I noticed some channeling that I couldn't fix no matter how much I leveled my grounds. After that I use 3000g iced water, bloom with roughly an inch or so water (around 300g) let sit for 10 minutes than adjust the flow rate so it drips at roughly 1 drop per 1.5 seconds. It should finish in around 12-16 hours with approximately 2600g uncut cold brew which I add around 900g water to or to taste.
So 300g coffee at 4.5g with a chemex filter, add 3000g ice water, bloom with approximately an inch of water for ten minutes, adjust flow rate to 1 drop per 1.5 seconds finish in roughly 12-16 hours and finally add 900g water or to taste.
My previous recipe was pretty similar, 300g coffee at 5, with 2700g ice water still blooming for 10 minutes with around an inch of water, then adjust the flow rate to roughly 1 drop per 1.5 seconds, finishing in around 12 hours. Then adding water to taste. Most of my coworkers would not make it properly I am assuming by not adjusting the flow rate, blowing or just not adding enough water to cut it.
I feel my new recipe is much more consistent for us, the light comprehension has eliminated channeling entirely and even with accounting for differences in taste when cutting the cold brew it is much more palatable. I still have some slight modification I make depending on what coffee I use, for the most part I either slightly adjust how much coffee I use or water.
DittingKR1203 grinder. Right now I am using 4.5 as my grind, previously I was a little coarser at 5, but was not consistently happy with how the cold brew turned out. Using 300g miscellaneous coffee, often espresso, lightly condensed as I noticed some channeling that I couldn't fix no matter how much I leveled my grounds. After that I use 3000g iced water, bloom with roughly an inch or so water (around 300g) let sit for 10 minutes than adjust the flow rate so it drips at roughly 1 drop per 1.5 seconds. It should finish in around 12-16 hours with approximately 2600g uncut cold brew which I add around 900g water to or to taste.
So 300g coffee at 4.5g with a chemex filter, add 3000g ice water, bloom with approximately an inch of water for ten minutes, adjust flow rate to 1 drop per 1.5 seconds finish in roughly 12-16 hours and finally add 900g water or to taste.
My previous recipe was pretty similar, 300g coffee at 5, with 2700g ice water still blooming for 10 minutes with around an inch of water, then adjust the flow rate to roughly 1 drop per 1.5 seconds, finishing in around 12 hours. Then adding water to taste. Most of my coworkers would not make it properly I am assuming by not adjusting the flow rate, blowing or just not adding enough water to cut it.
I feel my new recipe is much more consistent for us, the light comprehension has eliminated channeling entirely and even with accounting for differences in taste when cutting the cold brew it is much more palatable. I still have some slight modification I make depending on what coffee I use, for the most part I either slightly adjust how much coffee I use or water.
Comments
Post a Comment