I brewed this in a Kalita wave using notneutral filters with a Niche Zero grinder. My recipe is 28g coffee, 400g hot water not necessarily aiming for any particular time, but somewhere between four and five and half minutes. I try to do a 50g bloom in the first 45 seconds then three or four more pours.
40. Black tea, lemon peel with pith and a little melon at the end. Nowhere close to as delicate as I thought it would be. Like most coffees with tea tasting notes it a little astringent. It does surprisingly well with a little milk and darker than I thought it would be. Probably my least favorite of the May 2022 mixes. I am surprised at how much I liked the Moka Java compared to the other three.
I think the four Lumi Mixes made me appreciate how much I enjoy their single origins, even the ones I wish they roasted lighter.
Comments
Post a Comment