Skip to main content

Dialing in 08/02/22

 
Moksha Colombia Sierra Nevada Espresso:
Roasted on 07/26/22
19.0g in 26 seconds 24g out
Chocolate and orange

Moksha Decaf  Mexico Esmeralda Espresso:
Roasted on 07/18/22
18.4g in 19 seconds 24g out
Citrus forward, sweet and milk

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ou·bai·tou·ri Yunnan Dehong Yeast Fermentation Natural Process

Roasted 03-20-24 Catimor P4 (7963) Varietal Yeast Fermentation Natural Process "The latest Dehong Yeast Fermentation, which was very well received when we collaborated with MOUTAIN MOVER at last year's SCAJ 2023, has arrived! The quality improvement of Yunnan coffee in recent years has continued to evolve at a dizzying pace. It is even sweeter and juicier than last year. As for the roasting of Oubaitouli, we focus on the 'change against temperature'. We set our roasting concept by focusing on the flavor that gradually brightens after it cools down. At first glance, the flavor is mild, but as it cools down, the flavor opens up, and we adjusted it so that you can feel the colorful flavors and enjoy it in a gorgeous way until the last sip when you finish drinking it slowly." Peach, Rose, Tea like astringency and Lychee sweetness. 

Barefoot Coffee Roasters Organic Decaf Peru

I brewed this in a Kalita wave using notneutral filters with a Niche Zero grinder. My recipe is 28g coffee, 400g hot water not necessarily aiming for any particular time, but somewhere between four and five and half minutes. I try to do a 50g bloom in the first 45 seconds then three or four more pours. 44. Nutty, malty, and weirdly floral. Honestly this is a pretty good decaf espresso and pour over, it won't wow you, but better than many decafs I've tried. 

Temple Peru Elvis Rafael

Roasted on 07/02/20 I brewed this in a Kalita wave using notneutral filters with a Ditting KR1203 grinder. My recipe is 28g coffee, 400g hot water not necessarily aiming for any particular time, but somewhere between four and five and half minutes. I try to do a 50g bloom in the first 45 seconds then three or four more pours. 6.125. All the way up to 6.375 was great. Lots of Dark chocolate notes some black cherry and unripe plum. I liked it, it would be amazing if it was slightly lighter.